Friday, February 6, 2009

Survived the big snowstorm




So here I am yet again posting about snow. It's been a big part of this winter and definitely an eye opening experience. Where we live has two ways to get to our apartment. One is down a big hill where we are like down in a hole and the other is a little less steep and then comes straight across to us. I decided that it's too difficult to get out of either of them in the winter so I finally asked the family at the top of the street if I can park in their gravel area whenever the weather is bad. They said YES and literally they saved my life this time around. I think that I should get them a present. Haha! Appalachian never delays or closes for that matter and for two days in a row they were delayed until 10 and then until 11. That is a big deal for them and yep sure enough when I got into Boone going to work both days the roads were TERRIBLE. One thing is for sure I'm learning how to survive on these roads.


Of course Lady is loving her abundant snow experiences and I have several more pictures to post. She thinks that it's fun to walk and sink down into. She looks up at me like wow look how deep it is. She likes to walk in the deepest parts for some reason. I am so glad that it's the weekend. My plan is to relax and enjoy the nice weather (high 50's).


No comments:

Post a Comment