Sunday, February 8, 2009

MAGGIE








Josh and I have now gotten an added member of our family. Her name is Maggie. She is a hound mix and to me she looks like a taller beagle that isn't as loud as beagle. She barely talks at all. She is very sweet. She is good with all dogs, people, and cats even. She has been a mother to 9 puppies in the past and her puppies had all already been adopted when I got to her. I am sure that she was glad to be free of being a Mama but the puppies I'm sure were more appealing to the public than the older Mama. Lady and Maggie are about the same age and I thought that Lady and she would be good friends. Josh and I felt bad that Lady was left alone for long hours at a time. I didn't like the fact that she would probably feel so lonely. Anyone that can have a friend with them is better off that's for sure. I also think that we will be fine in the money area as long as nothing goes wrong with either one of them health wise in the near future. I hope that they both will be around for a long long time. Maggie wasn't very expensive and we already have everything we need to accomodate her so that is a plus. She also isn't due for any shots or anything until June and we got a free vet check up visit from the Humane Society which will cover her check up sometime next week. She has already been fixed and that usually ends up being the most expensive. I recommend that if anyone ever wants a new dog and doesn't want to go through the hassles of a new puppy then definitely go to the humane society and save a life. Those sweet dogs don't like being at the shelter because it's loud, cold, and smelly. I don't think that I would like it either. The workers do give them baths daily and they do make them smell good before they send them home with their new owners. Volunteers come in and walk them daily as well as the workers. They are doing well for the lives that they lead but it's still much nicer to have a nice warm, clean home to be in everyday FOREVER. I think that it definitely was a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment