Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Near Disaster

Okay so I had just taken Lady and Maggie outside and Maggie's leash broke and she bolted away from me and down into the woods. I thought that I had lost her forever. I called her name over and over again and then began freaking out. She came out for a brief second to sniff at Lady. I tried to grab her again and she ran back into the woods. I was sinking down in the mud because it was definitely raining hard and had been for hours and hours. She wasn't coming out so I had to run and take Lady inside, change shoes, grab another leash, and bolt out the door to get Maggie. I called and called for her. I got thorns stuck in my pants, walked down the hill into the woods, and still couldn't find her. All of a sudden I turned around and she was behind me. I had a treat in my hand and to my surprise she came back to me. Thank goodness. I was so scared. I scolded her and told her to never do that again. She walked back inside with her tail between her legs and hasn't talked to me since the incident. I now know that we need a stronger leash and we also need to make sure that she never ever gets out or off her leash again.

No comments:

Post a Comment