Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sam's Bridal Shower in Belmont

Today was a great day. I drove home to Belmont to attend Sam's bridal shower at Mitzi and Doug's house in Pinsto Forest. This is in my parents neighborhood so I stopped off to get my Mom and then we traveled on down the road to their house. It was raining so we needed an umbrella to carry the presents inside under. I parked somewhat on an incline and Mom couldn't get out of the car. It was hilarious! I was laughing so hard and standing in the rain. If anyone could have been there for this you definitely would have wanted to be.

We went inside and everything was beautiful. There was a dining room filled with punch bowl, pretty flowers, tarheel shaped white chocolate, carolina blue m&m's, chicken salad sandwiches, and carolina blue and white cupcakes. There was a pretty display of gifts in the living room and after everyone had gotten something to eat we gathered around to watch her open her gifts. She received many things from her registry which were all beautiful of course. I'm sure that she can't wait to use all of them. She will be the best cook in the world and have the best kitchen that anyone could ever ask for. Everyone feels that way during their wedding time because of all the kitchen utensils that you receive. It's fabulous!

It was so great to see Ansley, Mitzi, Mimi, Glo, Julie, Maw, Stephanie Sellers, Stephanie's Mom, my own mother, Meg, Mary Barron, and others of course. Ansley is getting a little belly on her and I think that it's precious. She is going to have a little one and they are naming it Jayden Thomas and I can't remember the last name but what a cute name right? Next shower will probably be Ansley's shower unless Erin's wedding shower in June comes before that one. It's an exciting time. Sam will be married on September 5th and Erin on August 8th. All my babies are growing up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment