Friday, March 27, 2009

Betty Jo Hamrick

Betty Jo is in the middle in the purple outfit sitting down
Thanksgiving 2008

I think that it's important to say that Betty Jo was an excellent woman. For so many years I've looked up to my great aunt and great uncle Dean and I think that during this time of sadness the right thing to do is to be happy for the life that she lived. She was Miss North Carolina in the 60's and was so beautiful. She always worked with poise and beauty and she always knew just what to say to make everyone laugh.


On Wednesday I got a text from Lindsay saying that she just met Ellen, Spence, Spencer, and Dean and I was like What are they doing at the hospital? This part really concerned me. I then learned that it was because of Betty Jo. Spencer was home on spring break and I bet is glad that he got to see her in the hospital before she passed on. I am glad that Lindsay was there with my family during this time because somehow that is comforting. I think that God works in mysterious ways and it never ceases to amaze me. I know that prayer is important and I know that things happen for a reason. Betty Jo is in heaven and looking down at us now. I hope that tomorrow during the funeral she is smiling from ear to ear at all of the people that come to pay their respects. I pray for me to have strength tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment