Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby Porter












It has been a long time since I have posted on this blog but now that we have a new addition that is going to be added to our family, I will make a conscious effort to update this as often as possible. September 12, 2010 was the last date that I had my lovely visitor and we discovered in October that we were pregnant. I made an appointment at Watauga Women's Center and they had me have my blood tested on a Wednesday and then again on a Friday to see if my hcg levels were elevating over time. They were and they determined that I was pregnant. Then we made that first appointment that is to be had at 8 weeks. I attended this appointment a little bit early- about 6 weeks because of previous issues with getting pregnant (back in April/May). The doctor that did these ultrasounds was Dr. Shirley. At 6 weeks the heartbeat was not well defined and we were asked to come back the next week to have another look. At 7 weeks and 3 days we saw/heard the heartbeat. At that time the heartbeat was at 145 bpm I do believe. It was so fabulous to see this and we couldn't be happier. On December 8th we had a nurse visit where we gave all of our family history to see what the baby and myself could/could not be at risk for in the future and then on December 29th we had a regular gynocologist visit. After this we had blood drawn to test for Down's Syndrome and Spina Bifida and both of these things came back negative. This was a very good thing. Then on January 20th we had an ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby and they said that IT'S A GIRL. We had another ultrasound on Wednesday February 9th to take another look and the doctor still confirmed that it's a girl. Her name is going to be Makenzie Ann Porter. We are so excited!
Some other things that we have done over the past few weeks is to order the changing table and the crib. Josh put these things together fast and was more than happy to see his finished product. I think that he felt needed and excited to get this done because he just wants the little one to be here now, as does the rest of the family. Josh's Mom has gotten us a diaper bag that has many colors on it and also a pacifier that is an Alabama pacifier. You will see this in a few pictures. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment