Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summertime in the Mountains







It has been a while since I have posted anything on here. We have been through many exciting things since I last wrote. I have seen many friends that have had babies, school year has ended, preschool graduation has happened, and the mountains are beautiful. Josh and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on June 21, 2010. We went to the grand Linville Caverns and looked at the inside of a cave. It was so cool to see the stalagtites and stalagmites and stand on the rails above a bottomless pool. It would be scary to fall in there. You would never get out or be found. I am glad that we didn't fall in. After all the groups that go there you would think that this would seem quite scary. We purchased a chess set in the gift shop that is onyx. It's pretty cool and I'm glad to add it to our living room. It's black and white so it matches the decor in the room. After going to Linville Caverns we adventured to the Blowing Rock in Blowing Rock, NC. I hadn't been since I was a little girl and Josh had never been before. We enjoyed the views and took pictures of the flowers. It was beautiful! It makes you thankful for God's creation. He was smart when he created such a tranquil place. For dinner we ate at The Speckled Trout where I actually had crab cakes. They were delicious and accompanied with a cheese and vegetable casserole and rice pilaf. Josh had fresh trout stuffed with shrimp and crab meat. He said that it was so yummy that he didn't know what to do with himself. After dinner we relaxed together and watched a movie at home. It was our idea of a perfect anniversary celebration.

I never thought that it could be possible but I love Josh more today than I did when we first got married. I think that I love him more everyday and am finding out the true meaning of being married. He inspires me to be a better person and helps me to realize what true love is all about. He is off to Philadelphia today to enjoy the NATA and get to see some friends from UNCG which he always loves to do. I will keep you posted with things from the convention.




No comments:

Post a Comment