Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter

This Easter was a little different because I get to see both sides of the family. It was exciting. On Saturday I drove home to Belmont and my family and I went out to dinner at a place called Big Man's. It was good. I had a baked potato, the salad bar, and grilled chicken. That's my idea of a good meal regardless of what others think. I love the food that I get when I go home to be with my family. Wish that I could take them with me everywhere and that we would never have to be separated at all. Josh had to stay in Boone because they had baseball games over Easter weekend. It was sad but it made me thankful that this is really the only holiday that I have to be without him because at Christmastime he gets to be with our family and for that I am thankful. Anyways, Saturday night was a restful night at home. Then Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for church. The Easter service was very nice and it was good to see familiar faces at my home church. I always love going there because it is where I grew up. Everyone knows me like family there. After church we ate a great lunch at my house and then I got my things together to head to Advance to be with the Porter's. It was so great to see them because I believe that we hadn't seen each other since Christmas. We had an excellent dinner of bread, my favorite chicken casserole, okra (which I have discovered I love), and some great sweet tea. I always love the sweet tea there because Pat makes it so wonderfully. We talked and laughed together and it was so great. I really feel as if they are family and not just in-laws. They are wonderful! I am excited about going on vacation together again in July. Disney is going to be amazing. Disney is so much fun anyways and being with family always makes it that much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment